Functions of Shanghai Administration of Sports
(1) To implement the laws, regulations, rules, guidelines and policies related to sports, draft local laws, regulations, rules and policies on sports, and conduct its implementation in light of the actual circumstances in Shanghai.
(2) To formulate municipal sports development strategy and goals, guide and promote the reform of its sports system, draw up development plans of sports industry in Shanghai, and conduct its implementation.
(3) To guide and inspect sports endeavors in districts and counties, promote the program named Fitness for All, and guide the development of mass sports activities; to take charge of the implementation of national standards for physical exercise, organize and guide the assessment of the citizens’ physical fitness and the appraisal of sports-related occupational proficiency; and to organize and guide social sports and fitness qigong.
(4) To make overall plans for setting up and attachment of emphasis to competitive sports events in Shanghai; to guide and coordinate sports training; to research and guide the construction of outstanding sports teams; to help relevant departments in introduction, placement and guarantee of outstanding athletes; and to strengthen ideological and political work of sports teams.
(5) To stipulate amateur training plans and policies for teenagers, guide and promote sports for teenagers, and strengthen the integration of sports and education.
(6) To develop a sports competition system, guide and coordinate sports competitions; and to take the responsibility of application and registration of sports competitions of inter-regional, municipal and above.
(7) To draw up plans of sports-related science research and education, organize major science and technology research in sports field as well as the promotion of its results, and organize and supervise anti-doping.
(8) To cooperate with relevant departments in planning and coordinating the construction of sports venues and facilities, direct and coordinate the opening of public stadiums and public sports facilities in communities, and administer sports market according to law.
(9) To coordinate, guide and manage the city's sports diplomatic exchange, and carry out sports exchanges and cooperation with other countries as well as regions including Hong Kong, Macao, and Taiwan.
(10) To assume the relevant administrative reconsideration and administrative litigation response.
(11) To undertake the routine work of the Shanghai Sports Federation.
(12) To undertake other issues assigned by Shanghai Municipal People's Government.
Address: No.150, West Nanjing Road, Shanghai
Office hours: 9 am-11 am and 1:30 pm-5:30 pm, Monday - Friday